Monday, March 17, 2008

Family Home Evening--3/17/08

It had been more than a month since we last held Family Home Evening, so it was good to get back on track this evening. FHEs in our home usually have included our two children, Dustin (21) and Jamie (19), and also my mom, Martha, but none of them was here this evening, so instead of waiting for their arrival into the late evening, my wife and I had FHE together.

For our opening song, we sang "I am a child of God" as a duet, a capella. I can testify that I felt the spirit while singing with my eternal companion.

Sister Turner offered the opening prayer.

Then I gave a short talk/lesson based on the scriptures listed with our opening hymn, namely Psalm 82:6, Mosiah 4:15, and D&C 14:7.

Sister Turner then gave a lesson about developing Christ-like attributes from Preach My Gospel, a wonderful resource which I recommend (no, I haven't read the whole thing yet but it is on my reading list--at present, the top of the list is Jesus The Christ.

For our closing hymn, we sang "We Thank Thee o God for a Prophet" (one of my favorites). I offered the closing prayer.

No comments: