Tuesday, March 11, 2008

An obligation or commitment?

At a priesthood meeting last year, Scott Whiting, our stake president at the time, said that attending the temple once a month was an obligation. Attending once a week was a commitment.

With those words buoying us, my wife and I have made a commitment to attend the temple once a week, and Tuesdays have been the day we have been going. Even last Tuesday, less than a week after she had surgery on her right knee (torn meniscus), my wife, using crutches, joined me at the Laie temple for the 3 p.m endowment session. That kind of dedication is one of the many reasons why I love my wife.

Today, things happened, so we were not able to go.

But there's always tomorrow.

Matthew 21:14 reads, "And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them."

I need lots of healing, and I have found the healing power in the holy temple of the Lord.

No comments: