Saturday, February 23, 2008

I've Got an Elder's Quorum Lesson to Teach

My present calling is as a teacher on the 4th Sunday in the Elder's Quorum. Tomorrow is the 4th Sunday of February, and as such I have to prepare a lesson. In our ward, the Bishop chooses two talks from the most recent General Conference to serve as the basis for 4th Sunday lessons, and the two talks chosen for tomorrow are "Faith, Family, Facts, and Fruits" by Elder Russell M. Ballard, and "Strengthen Home and Family" by Mary N. Cook.

While I haven't sought inspiration through prayer (something I ought to do in this case), my current prompting is to go with talk by Elder Ballard. Nothing against Sister Cook's talk. I just feel that more fruit (pardon the pun) can be borne from Elder Ballard's message.

Using information from Elder Ballard's talk, I am considering the idea of playing a jeopardy-like game with the bretheren of the quorum with the categories of Faith, Family, Facts, and Fruits. Maybe, the next Ken Jennings will be sitting in the Kaneohe 1st Ward Elder's Quorum tomorrow

Then I will challenge the brethren to share the Four Fs with interested or curious non-member family members, friends, co-workers, and others.

But now, I pray.

No comments: