Friday, February 8, 2008

Signs of the hand of God

In the Oct 2007 General Conference, President Henry Eyring gave a talk that really made an impression on me. I remember having this impression when I first heard the talk, and I had the same impression again when I listened to the talk again while driving to work with my wife this morning.

What were the words that gave me this impression?

Quoting President Eyring, he said: "I was supposed to record for my children to read, someday in the future, how I had seen the hand of God blessing our family."

Hearing this, I felt impressed to do this and continue to do this, not for me, but for my children and grandchildren and on and on.

So what sign have I seen today?

I saw my wife head into work with good cheer and the spirit of the Lord with her. Understand, that she has a job that is rife with challenges and risk (she works as a psych tech in the ER of the Queens Medical Center in Honolulu). Yet, she went today, just as she does every day she is assigned to work, looking forward to working hard and helping people. And she also is taking three college classes, doing her church callings, tending to our children and to me, among many other things she does.

I know that through her, God is blessing our family and blessing her.

No comments: